Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Is it Monday again already?

This was a week of highs and lows as normal life usually is.

My craft room (part 1 and part 2) is in full blown use - huzzah. It still doesn't stop me from planning more craft projects than I'll ever ever get finished. Why do I keep starting things? I reckon I'm probably the most impatient person when it comes to craft. I love starting things...hate finishing things...until they're done and I can admire them. My other issssue is taking on projects that are just huge. No small time here!

This week I finished a couple of pairs of pants for Button, the first bandana bib, oh and I finally got Macarons to work! OK I have to admit that it was a packet mix (gasp) but you can't go wrong when Zumbo's name is all over it.
Pretty cute, huh! These were super easy and the pattern is the Basic Newborn Pants from Made by Rae. I upsized these to a 3-6mo size by adding 1" to the top and bottom seams as well as 1/2" to the fold. Ideally, I should have added 2" to the bottom hem, but Button has mummy's short legs at the moment, so it's not a big deal. I can always add cuffs to lengthen them later on.
This is way cuter than I thought it would end up being and now I have to get my s&#t together and make a million more. Button really is a drool monster! The pattern is from PurlBee.
What beauties! The packet came with a cardboard template so you can draw 2cm diameter circles on the underside of the baking paper and pipe on the other side so that all shells are uniform. Such a good idea! Next is to make them from scratch (wish me luck).

Here is a run down of my WIP's...

  • Granny square rug
  • Sunburst rug
  • Zig zag rug
  • Viking hat for bubba
  • Cot quilt
  • Pacifier/Dummy leashes
  • Bandana bibs
  • Satin dress
  • Several cross stitches
  • Toiletry box bag
  • Christmas apron
And here're the projects I'm waiting to start...
  • Canvas art for the nursery
  • Pillow shams for our bedroom
  • Quilts galore
  • Bamboo yarn crochet rug
  • Embroideries
  • Baby foot impressions
I really need to get my cardmaking mojo back and of course get some jewellery made for the shop! Why do I keep putting that off?

Ugh enough of my whinging...here's a funny pic of Button to brighten your day. He's soooo gonna hate me when he's older. But I reckon it's payback for waking me up every 2 hours lately. *yawn* So this is what being a parent is like?! Boo.
"You talkin' to me?"

4 comments:

  1. He is the most adorable kid Mel!
    I admire your WIP list, not sure I'm more in awe of the size of it or that you were brave enough to list them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The macarons look great! I'm glad some people are having luck with the box mixes, but I think I'll stick to making them from scratch from now on! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely plan on making them from scratch next time - so many options now! :)

      Delete
  3. I've made a couple pairs of those pants and a few bandana bibs lately. Love the fabric you used for the pants.

    And your macaroons look great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, ideas, random ramblings...go for it!